FSB Public Affairs, a strategic communications and public affairs firm, seeks qualified applicants for a full-time account coordinator in our office located in Anaheim, CA. Applicants must have prior work experience in campaigns, communications, public affairs, government, or related fields. The ideal candidate is smart, enthusiastic and looking to be a part of a fast-paced team. The Account Coordinator position is responsible for providing entry-level support for multiple account teams. The position assists in building, implementing, managing and reporting on effective communication programs for clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to creation of communications plans that meet client objectives
- Participate in multiple projects from conception to completion
- Consistently produce high quality internal and external communications content
- Help plan, coordinate and execute traditional and social media outreach programs
- Manage or assist in media relations efforts including cultivating relationships with media, drafting op-eds and talking points, organizing press conferences, and more
- Aid in new business process including idea contribution, research and proposal/pitch preparation
- Commit to continuous learning; participate in internal training programs
Develop materials, toolkits, pitch angles and messaging
- Provide client service administration including preparing client status and activity reports, attending and participating in meetings and conference calls (and providing meeting summaries), compiling media coverage reports, scheduling and logistics
- Research, outline, write, edit and proofread materials; ensure quality and consistency with appropriate writing styles
- Manage/contribute to the company’s social media and digital presence
- Create and maintain media lists, handle routine media inquiries and pitch client messaging
- Contribute to a healthy work environment based on respect and support of colleagues
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in public relations and/or related fields including research, advertising, management consulting, media and publishing (internships are applicable to this requirement)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and a proven ability to manage multiple small or medium-sized projects simultaneously, coupled with excellent attention to detail.
- Solid grasp of all basic public relations tools and how they are used as well as solid research, writing and editing skills.
- Strong research, writing, editing and interaction skills
- Ability to perform well under pressure and be a team player
- Not afraid to fail
- Personal experience with social media and an understanding of its role in business a plus
- Ability to take ownership of a program and work with autonomy
- Experience using media monitoring tools (Cision, Radian6, Gorkana, Vocus, etc.) a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel as well as social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram)
- Ability to work in and contribute to an inclusive and collaborative environment
- Positive, team-oriented attitude and alignment with company mission, vision, values and culture
FSBPA Culture Statement
- We pride ourselves on being fearless and brilliant for our clients.
- We empower everyone to ask questions, challenge the easy answers, and put their best ideas on the table.
- We believe clients are served best by a skilled and talented team.
- We embrace that mentoring, training, diversity of staff and opinion, and professional growth are shared responsibilities among project staff, project managers, and company leadership.
- We believe teamwork and collaboration are the keys to success for our clients; we work together as partners, we back each other up, we cheer each other on, we reward great work, and we are there for each other when the workday’s done.
- We are most passionate about our work when we have the ability to take on projects that we care about personally, give us a high-quality work experience, help us develop new skills, and send us home every night feeling fulfilled because we know we’ve done something that matters.
- We work hard for our clients – our professional dedication to their success means we go the extra mile, while at the same time we know we are all at our best when we have a strong work-life balance.
We believe in what we do, so we’re willing to fight the tough fights and bring the very best minds, creativity, strategy and tactical execution to every aspect of our work. It’s why we win, and why we’re proud of ourselves, our colleagues, and to be part of a firm so many clients trust.
Diversity Commitment & Vision
FSBPA is an equal opportunity employer. FSBPA recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status and other protected status as required by applicable law. At FSBPA, we believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, political affiliation and all the other enriching characteristics that make us different and inform our point of view.
To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to Kristy Babb, Chief Talent Officer firstname.lastname@example.org