FSB Public Affairs, a strategic communications and public affairs firm, seeks qualified applicants for a full-time assistant account executive. This position is responsible for providing mid-level support for multiple account teams and assists in building, implementing, managing and reporting on effective communication programs for clients.
Applicants must have prior work experience in public affairs, public relations, communications, campaigns, government or related fields. The ideal candidate is smart, enthusiastic and a self-starter looking to be a part of a fast-paced team, and who will contribute to the company culture. The work we do matters and makes a difference in the lives of real people, so only we take on projects we believe in, and we only hire the top talent at every level. If FSB Public Affairs sounds like the kind of place you want to work, we’d love to hear from you.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Contribute to creation of communications plans that meet client objectives
· Participate in multiple projects from conception to completion
· Consistently produce high quality internal and external communications content
· Help plan, coordinate and execute traditional and social media outreach programs
· Manage or assist in media relations efforts including cultivating relationships with media, drafting op-eds and talking points, organizing press conferences, and more
· Aid in new business processes including idea contribution, research and proposal/pitch preparation
· Commit to continuous learning; participate in internal training programs
· Develop materials, toolkits, pitch angles and messaging
· Provide client service administration including preparing client status and activity reports, attending and participating in meetings and conference calls (and providing meeting summaries – good listening skills are essential), compiling media coverage reports, scheduling and logistics
· Research, outline, write, edit and proofread materials; ensure quality and consistency with appropriate writing styles
· Manage/contribute to the company’s social media and digital presence
· Create and maintain media lists, handle routine media inquiries and pitch client messaging
· Contribute to a healthy work environment based on respect and support of colleagues
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required
· 2-4 years of relevant experience in public relations and/or related fields including research, advertising, management consulting, media and publishing
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field and a proven ability to manage multiple small or medium-sized projects simultaneously, coupled with excellent attention to detail.
· Solid grasp of all basic public relations tools and how they are used as well as solid research, writing and editing skills.
· Strong research, writing, editing, interaction and listening skills
· Ability to perform well under pressure and be a team player
· Not afraid to fail
· Personal experience with social media and an understanding of its role in business a plus
· Ability to take ownership of a program and work with autonomy
· Experience using media monitoring tools (Cision, Radian6, Gorkana, Vocus, etc.) a plus
· Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel as well as social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram)
· Ability to work in and contribute to an inclusive and collaborative environment
· Positive, team-oriented attitude and alignment with company mission, vision, values and culture
Compensation & Perks
· Competitive compensation: We offer a strong base salary as well as a full benefits package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, and a 4% 401k employer contribution
· 14 paid holidays
· Amazing team: The CSG team is an inspiring & award-winning group of brilliant, motivated, principled, good-spirited people
· We promote from within
· Open door policy. Our doors are always open for impromptu drop-ins with leadership and every team member benefits from an annual review to look at past successes and map out your future
· We believe in the power of community and actively give team members time to service causes they are passionate about
· Flexibility: We believe in work life integration allowing you to engage as your best self in your home, your community and your work
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to Kristy Babb, Chief Talent Officer, email@example.com.
Core Strategic Group (CSG) is an equal opportunity employer. CSG recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. At CSG, we have a strategic vision: to be a diverse and inclusive community of passionate, talented practitioners dedicated to delivering creative solutions for our clients. We believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, political affiliation and all the other enriching characteristics that make us different and informs our point of view.