Senior vice president & Managing Director
Crystal is a senior level communications and political professional with extensive experience in strategic communications, including earned and paid media, new media, social networking, rapid response and crisis communications. She has also led work focused on fundraising and development, polling, research and activist engagement. She spent 71/2 years on the public policy team at Facebook, in several roles that focused on digital strategy, elections, policy development, and lobbying. Prior to her years with Facebook, Crystal focused on Immigration and Diversity Policy at the Center for American Progress, was a Communications Director for the U.S. Representative Tim Ryan, managing director with Petel & Co., a political consulting firm, and a strategic communications specialist with the American Federation of State County and Municipal Employees. On Hillary Clinton’s historic run for president in 2008, she led digital strategy and content creation for the campaign website and digital engagement with affinity groups. Prior to that, she launched Sen. Edward Kennedy’s first campaign website and digital program to drive message and raise money; in this role, she helped Sen. Kennedy build support around three Supreme Court nominations, the response to Hurricane Katrina, immigration reform and oversight of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. She also was part of the team that built out the first digital strategy program at the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee. Originally from northeast Ohio, she currently resides in the Washington, D.C. area.
- Head of Global Civic Partnerships and Government & Politics Outreach Manager, Facebook
- Communications Director, Center for American Progress
- Communications Director, Rep. Tim Ryan (OH-17) and Tim Ryan for Congress
- Managing Director, Petel & Co.
- Strategic Communications Specialist, American Federation of State County and Municipal Employees
- Digital Strategist, Hillary for President
- Current Board Chair, VoteRunLead
- Current Board Member Chesapeake Bay Foundation
- Board Member, The Campaign School at Yale
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science and Government, Northwestern University