Senior Vice President
Over the past 20 years, John has played important roles on political, public affairs and corporate social responsibility campaigns across the country and internationally including helping to pioneer domestic and international digital advocacy strategies for foreign governments, fortune 100 companies and international nonprofit organizations. Most recently, John was a managing director leading the public affairs practice for Group SJR, a New York digital strategy firm owned by WPP. Previously, he ran the Washington D.C. office for the California Department of Education, advised legislative leadership on policy and political strategy and lobbied for the California Chamber of Commerce.
- 15 years in several key roles at the California State Capitol.
- Housing & Land Use, Banking & Finance, Education lobbyist for the California Chamber of Commerce representing the California business community.
- Ran select field operations and special projects for two Speakers of the California State Assembly
- Managed federal affairs for the California Department of Education under Superintendent of Public Instruction, Tom Torlakson
- Managing Director at a leading NYC digital strategy firm Group SJR (owned by WPP) and led corporate communications and digital content strategy efforts for fortune 100 companies, foreign governments and international nonprofits.