By Kailey Gaffikin, Account Coordinator, FSB Public Affairs
The importance of a business’s social media presence is significant for maximizing industry success. Many different kinds of businesses can benefit from utilizing social media because it plays a crucial role in brand awareness, credibility, and reputation.
Businesses should utilize social media to reap all the benefits these platforms have to offer to maximize brand awareness and to recruit new clients. Some key elements to consider when improving a company’s online presence include:
- Boost Brand Awareness and Search Engine Optimization
- Proactively posting on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook increases the resources current and prospective clients can find, which allows a business to stay “top of mind” when their services are needed.
- Having a company website, in addition to multiple social media channels will help generate more prominent results when someone is searching for a specific company name or related keywords on Google.
- Utilize Employees as Brand Ambassadors
- A company is not only recognized by the services it offers but also by the people it employs. Having employees represent a company as brand ambassadors can attract new businesses, new hires, promote overall brand awareness, and build trust among an even wider audience.
- Establish a Social Media Policy
- Due to the impact social media holds, it is extremely important for a business to develop a social media policy, both internally and externally, especially as employees promote the company.
- A company that clearly sets best practices of what is acceptable to post and share online gives employees guidelines to understand where to draw the line, and can help keep its reputation intact.
Social media is a tool – one that provides many opportunities. Boosting brand awareness, utilizing brand ambassadors, and developing a social media policy can help companies improve their online presence and maintain a positive reputation.